Monday, September 10, 2007

First Blog....Finally

Ok so I finally get with the times and create a family blog. I know I should have started this like 9 months ago when our lives got really interesting with our new baby boy, but hey better late than never right? Hopefully I'll keep it up-to-date. :-)




Well where do I start.......Almost 9 months ago Jake and I had a beautiful baby boy named Nathan Jacob John. He has been the joy of our lifetime. Life has definitely changed around here since Nathan arrived, but it all has been for the better. Even Jake and I's marriage has gotten stronger. We both realize that it is very important to make time for each other and continue to nurture our marriage as well as be parents (which is hard sometimes to find time for each other). As much as we love that little boy, we cannot neglect our marriage.






So more about Nathan.......He is all over the place! When he wants to get somewhere quickly, he does the army crawl, otherwise, he will crawl for real. Just today he pulled up on one of his toys to a full stance! He even stood with just one hand on the toy. I think it will be no time at all before this boy takes off walking (which I don't know if I'm ready for yet). I am constantly chasing him around the house, pulling him away from cords, dirty shoes, etc. Our house has definitely become "kid zone". I had to put away some nice decorations, move the coffee table out, put away the plants, etc. He still primarily eats baby food. I have tried some table food (peas, green beans, pinto beans, mashed potatoes), but he doesn't like it yet. He spits it out. However, he loves nutrigrain bars, yogurt and puffs. We have weaned from breastfeeding (going on 5 days now) and are now doing 4 bottles of formula a day. I started having supply issues and since he's about 9 months and will be moving to whole milk in 3 months I decided that it was time to wean. Our goal was breastfeeding for 6 months and we surpassed that so we're happy.








Having fun with Daddy and Mommy:

















5 comments:

lltanderson said...

welcome to the blogsphere!

nathan is absolutely too cute! i look forward to keeping up with the happenings of the john family here.

Suzanne said...

Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog. Nathan is just so cute! I look forward to lots of updates and pictures of the John family.

Preethi said...

Ah! you finally made it here! I love the way blogs help one keep in touch.
Nate just seems to get more and more adorable - I'm definitely gonna keep coming back for more....so keep those updates comin'!!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo!!! I'm so glad you guys started a blog! I love reading about little Nathan:)

Michael Hooks said...

Yea, he's looking more and more like Kim...