Monday, January 7, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Ok so it's a week into the new year and I'm just now posting about our Christmas.....I'm just now getting caught up it seems after all the holiday festivities.

We had a really great Christmas with our families. Jake's family was down from Minnesota and mine from Dallas. It was the first time we were all together since our wedding 3 years ago! We had a great time! Nathan proved to be quite the little entertainer. Nothing was more precious than getting him dressed in his Santa pajamas and bringing him downstairs and seeing him get so excited to see all his family and his presents. He would scream gleefully and dance up and down and flail his arms about with such joy. This little boy definitely cleaned up in the gift department between his birthday and Christmas! We are set on toys and clothes for the next year. He just loves everything he got for Christmas. He plays with all of his toys all day. One of his favorites is a Radio Flyer wagon that he got from Grandpa Smith. He LOVES to takes rides around the neighborhood and to the park. (It's so nice to be able to do such outdoor activities in January! God Bless Texas!) Nathan is not the only one who got some fun toys for Christmas.......Jake got Guitar Hero III and 2 guitars to go with it and I'll tell you what, I find myself drawn to that game the second I put Nathan down for a nap or if Jake's playing with him. The second Nathan goes down for bed at night, Jake and I begin our guitar battling. I say this with a humble heart........I give Jake a run for his money. :-) I would never have imagined me saying to Jake "you've played enough, it's MY turn!". I think we really have become addicted to this game. Jake went out and used his Best Buy gift card on Guitar Hero II and they came out with an 80s edition of Guitar Hero that is calling my name. Anyways, it's been nice to spend more time with Jake in the evenings instead of him upstairs watching his shows and me downstairs watching mine.

For New Years, we went to our friends Jody and Emily's house and played with their sons, Dylan and Justin. (along with other friends as well) Nathan had a great time playing with all the kids. He LOVES playing with other kids. We obviously didn't last at the party till midnight, but we lasted until 8:30 which is late for Nathan since he usually goes down at 7. Once we got home and put him to bed, I laid on the couch and Jake in his lazy boy and watched all the festivities on tv. I tried so hard to stay awake but just couldn't hang. I fell asleep about 10 and Jake woke me up about 11:30 in time for the new year, then it was straight to bed and back to sleep. :-) Maybe one of these days we'll be back out amongst the crowds for a New Years celebration.




2 comments:

The James Family said...

Nathan is too cute in his Santa pajamas! I'm glad y'all had a fun Christmas and got to celebrate with both of your families. I can't wait to play Rock Band with both of you and see your skills on the guitar!

Suz

David James said...

Thanks for hosting the game-watching party last night. I love seeing Luke and Nathan play together.