Thursday, February 21, 2008

Date Night.....Gone Awry

My sweet, thoughtful husband had Sheena (his sister) come over to babysit Nathan on tuesday night so that we could go out and have a nice evening together, just the two of us. I was looking forward to it all day and couldn't wait till 5:00 came and we could get on our merry way. I even kept Nathan home in the afternoon to be sure that he got a good afternoon nap so that he wouldn't be cranky for Sheena. Well when it came time for his afternoon nap and he cried for an hour instead of sleeping, I should have known that plans would not go as smoothly as I had hoped. When it came time for us to leave, Nathan was so tired by that time that he refused to eat his dinner (a first for him I might add) and had a complete meltdown! He has never acted this way and we had no idea what was wrong with him or what to do. We finally got him to eat a little and got him settled down, but by that time both Jake and I were frazzled (and I'm sure Sheena was kicking herself for agreeing to stay and watch him) and we were on a time constraint for dinner cause we had show tickets downtown and had just spent an hour of our "dinnertime" calming Nathan down. So when things were looking down, they shot back up real quick after we had a quick dinner at Jason's Deli and hit the U2 in 3D show at the Imax theatre! That show was absolutely amazing!! I love U2, but have never been to their concert and this was like being on stage with them. Of course before the show we called Sheena to see how Nathan was doing and thankfully he went to bed without a fuss at 6:40 and was sleeping soundly. That made us completely relax just in time for the show. We have several friends that have seen this show and highly recommended it so we are now singing the same song. If this show ever comes to an Imax near you, it is a MUST see!

4 comments:

The James Family said...

Sorry that the date night didn't go exactly as planned but I'm glad it all worked out in the end. I'm so glad you and Jake were able to see U2 3D at the IMAX. I loved it so much too and hope to see it again before it leaves the theater.

Suz

Liz said...

Oh my word. 6:40?!?! Wow. Nate gets his bath at 8, and is asleep then usually between 8:30 and 9. If I put him down any earlier, he's up before 7 and I just can't handle that, ha ha!

Shauna Lynn said...

Glad you guys still got to go see U23D. That sounds like something a kid I know would do. Jeff and I have a date night planned for Saturday... let's hope Lily cooperates.

Amy T. S. said...

I hate to say this, but I finally resigned for E to move to one nap a day. He would just scream for his afternoon "nap" and I would end up wanting to scream, too.

Listen to me - Debbie Downer. lol

Glad you had fun! My mother-in-law is in town this week and I hope to have a free babysitter one night. We got a sitter on Valentine's Day and went to Indian Palace for their buffets. It was pretty tasty.

Take care.