Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's about time......

we let everyone know that Nathan is going to be a big brother! Yep, I'm pregnant! I am 12 weeks and am due Sept. 9 (the day Jake and I got engaged 5 years ago). We are really excited to add to our little family. This pregnancy has been different than with Nathan. I've been VERY tired and very queasy all day (although I haven't actually gotten sick). This week has actually been the first week I have felt somewhat normal. It's been pretty surreal to me that I am pregnant up till this week. I had my 12 week appointment this week and during the tummy check the baby kicked several times and that brought on a reality check really quick. I definitely feel like my belly is popping out quicker this time than with Nathan, but I guess that's what they say is normal with 2nd pregnancies. We (or maybe more I) are hoping for a girl, but we really will be happy with either. My doctor told me at my appt that it sounds like it's a girl, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high cause you never know.....I just pray that whatever it is, it's clear at our next ultrasound what it is. We don't need another "surprise" like we had with Nathan. :-)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Woo-hoo! How far apart will they be? Mine will be 20 1/2 months, and it seems yours will be similar! What fun!

It's OK to want a girl, and to be disappointed if it's not. I was/am, and it's normal. I know I will love little Joshua as much as Nate, but that doesn't change the fact I want a girl, too! =)

Love ya girlie!

christopher said...

Congratulations!!!

Well...we've got a little girl, and I have to admit, they're great. Lauren is just perfect. So...I hope you get one, too. We'll be in town the 9th through the 16th if you guys want to get together.

Lauren and Noah are 22 months apart, and it's certainly no picnic. Having two kiddos who's diapers need changing can be difficult. It will be worth it in the long run, though, because they'll be able to be good friends as well as siblings.

We hope to see you guys when we're down!

Chris and Beth

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

its a girl, i can tell! dont be surprised if i buy the store out:) i love shopping for little girls

The James Family said...

We are excited for you, Jake and Nathan to add another member to your family! Glad you are finally feeling better. I cannot imagine being tired, queasy, and pregnant and chasing around a very active toddler all afternoon! But if anyone can do it, you can :)