Thursday, March 20, 2008

When Jake is out of town......

this is what happens.....

As I have posted before, I am taking a cake decorating class right now and have been baking cakes like crazy in our house......yes, I'm not looking forward to this month's doctor checkup when I have to get on the scale haha. I decided that I would try to decorate some cupcakes for Easter to practice my new "skills" and what better time to make a big mess than when Jake isn't around!! :-) I ended up staying up till 2 am this morning decorating cupcakes!! Yes, I am CRAZY! Of course the one day I'm really looking forward to Nathan's new wakeup time of 8:00, he wakes up at 6:30! I never do this, but I was desperate for some more rest so I brought him in bed with me and turned Sesame Street on so he could watch a wholesome, educational show (and the only one he will literally sit and watch the whole thing) while Mommy got another hour of rest. Anyways, here's a pic of my late night craze:
Here's a pic of a cake I did last week:


6 comments:

Liz said...

Girl, sometimes it just has to be a Sesame Street day. We DVR it, so I can have 3 - 4 episodes at my disposal, should a sick day arise. =)

Shauna Lynn said...

your cakes look AWESOME... maybe you should start your own class after this!

The James Family said...

Wow--your cupcakes and cakes look amazing!! You are really good at decorating them!! :)

Unknown said...

yummy!! it looks like you are a natural!!

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

so funny! i stayed up until 2am last night decorating a cake too:) your masterpieces look great.tiff

Anonymous said...

Kim, I am so impressed. You were also so creative. I would love to taste those delicious cakes, but too bad I am in Houston! I love the website and love reading what is going on. Take care, ERin