Thursday, March 6, 2008

My New Hobby

Last monday my friend Tiffany and I started a cake decorating class and it's gonna be so much fun! I decided that I needed to do something to get me out of the house (without a baby attached to my hip) and something that will tap into my creative side. I want to be able to make my kids' birthday cakes as they grow up and it not to look completely "homemade". We didn't actually decorate anything this past monday cause we didn't have any supplies yet, but after class Tiff and I hit the Wilton aisle pretty hard. We couldn't wait till next monday to break in all our new tools so we have been "practicing". Here's a pic of my first cake made with the "real" buttercream icing (like what you get on a store bought cake) and "real" cake decorating tools. I'll be posting pics of my creations during the weeks to come.

2 comments:

Cristi said...

Very impressive! Looks great! I've always wished I could learn how to decorate cakes and actually write something in icing without it looking like a 4th grader wrote it! ha Keep sharing the pics! :) Cristi

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

look at you! that cake is beautiful, is this your 3rd cake? i cant compete with that!!! ill be sending you pics of the bunny soon. oh, and i love the little touches you added. the grass and eggs were adorable. good job. tiff