Monday, May 5, 2008

Lockdown

We have been on lockdown around here for the past 2 weeks, going on week 3 now. 2 weeks ago, Nathan got your standard cold, runny nose and congestion. That lasted a week and as soon as that cleared up, he got a double ear infection and HFMD (hand, foot and mouth disease). I have no idea how he got that since we were not around any kids since he had the cold. I don't know who out there has experienced HFMD with their kids, but Nathan was MISERABLE. He had high fever for a few days with a sore throat and then developed sores all in his mouth and on his feet. The poor little guy couldn't sleep well or eat anything solid. He was pretty lethargic for most of the week. Today has been a good day. He has eaten solid food today and from what I can tell (he hates it when I try to look in his mouth) his sores are clearing up. I think we are definitely on the up swing....which is a good thing cause we leave for vacation in florida this saturday! So needless to say that we are on lockdown again this week even if he is feeling better so that he doesn't catch anything else before we leave. We are both going stir crazy around here! This vacation to florida will be much needed by all of us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yikes...that does not sound fun at all. i am so sorry for little nate (and you!). i am glad to hear he is better...enjoy your vacation!

Suzanne said...

That does sound awful! I hate being cooped up in the house, especially for that long. I'm glad he is getting better. I hope your vacation is lots of fun!!